This almost seems like a meme of sorts. However, yesterday I was informed by one of my followers, Contortum Designs, that I’d been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. I’d seen her post about it a few days prior, but I didn’t give it too much thought. I do admit that I thought, “It’d be cool to receive an award or some sort of recognition for my blog.” I mean, how can I not? Everyone likes a little recognition now and then. I of course Googled the Award and found its website/blog. It appears that this is just something someone created to draw attention to blogs that people may not know about in a viral way. Regardless, I’m game. If you’d like to find out more information about the award, you’ll find your website here.
First, I want to thank Contortum Designs (Abigail) for the nomination. Once you’ve been nominated, you’re a winner. In nominating a blog, according to the VBA website, one must “consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page.” The Award is meant to “honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.” So, just to know that someone thought of me in that way is quite humbling.
We are asked to pay it forward and select 15 blogs that we’d like to nominate. Since I honestly don’t follow many blogs I’m listing the ones that I do follow. Of course, I do follow Contortum Designs but they’ve already received the award. In alphabetical order here are my VBA nominees:
- Barry Reese, award-wining pulp fiction author
- PaperGong, a collection of inspiring and sometimes hilarious videos
- The Ferguson Theater, a blog of in-depth and insightful movie reviews written by author Derrick Ferguson
- Work at Home Wisdom, Work-at-home mom providing some nuggets of wisdom.
Lastly, we are asked to share 7 things about myself. They are:
- I have, in the past week, decided to be my own boss and pursue full-time my administrative business, Davidson Administrative Services.
- My guilty pleasure music album is Hanson’s Middle of Nowhere.
- I am an Apple fanatic, yep, and Apple Fangirl.
- I’m allergic to cats and dogs (and a bunch of other things).
- My leisure reading consists of only books written by Grace Burrowes.
- I hang out with my parents at least once every week.
- This year is my 15th anniversary of my high school graduation – I never attended a homecoming dance or prom.
As a side note, here is today’s poem, Toast.